I recently launched a new site, jpkarlsberg.com, to feature my work on the practice and study of Sacred Harp singing and questions of scholarly expression involving interdisciplinarity, digital humanities, and public scholarship.
I will be posting news and updates there and will likely cease posting to the news section of jpk.silversand.org though I will keep the archives online.
Visit jpkarlsberg.com and join the conversation.
I’ve recently added descriptions, photographs, and recordings of several projects of mine from the past few years to this site. Visit the Artworks and Compositions section of the site to learn about these recent works. Added projects include:
I’ve reorganized this site over the past week and have also implemented a more functional and cleaner design. As of five minutes ago, the site should be working well in all major browsers. Let me know if I’m wrong.
As I indicated in a particularly depressing and off-topic post several months back, I was hoping to learn how to configure WordPress to start up a shape note music blog. I was also hoping to convert this news section from my own horrible system to WordPress, and I did that this past weekend. Posts are now archived by month and by category, have permalinks, accept comments, and there are loads of other cool features too. I love WordPress. It is endlessly customizable, and so easy to install. I recommend it to anybody planning on hosting their own dynamic website.
I’ve made some other minor changes to the site as well, redirecting the shape note music link to my shape note website (which, sadly, is still not WordPressed), cleaning up the content in places, and implementing sIFR to render some headings with custom typography. With any luck, I’ll be making some more changes over the next few months.
I’m making some minor changes to the programming of this site to improve its accessibility to users with voice-enabled browsers. These changes will make important information on the site, in particular, text contained in images, accessible to search engines, blind users, and others using browsers with verbal capabilities, such as the new Opera browser.
I’ve also just updated the
design page [now included in the electronic artworks page] to link to some of my newest projects, such as the new site for Class Matters. [Design projects of mine are now featured on their own site: design.silversand.org.]
I’ve just finished uploading complete soundfiles representing a selection of the pieces I created while working on my thesis. Visit the
soundworks [Electronic Artworks] section of this site to listen in, and for more information about these pieces.
I’m making a variety of changes to the site over the next couple of days in order to improve load-times and enhance the content available on the site.
I’ve started by tweaking the coding of much of the shape note section. I’m also uploading new PDF files to represent my thesis, containing the actual page layout that I submitted to the Honors College in May. The page numbering now matches that in the Table of Contents and all of the pictures that were included with my thesis now appear in this representation.
Additional changes include the posting of my resume, and updated sound files in the soundworks section of the site. (Thanks to Red Acorn for the additional bandwidth to make this possible)